Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Tricks and Treats!

Ok, so like a lot of you, I felt that the Halloween "event" left a lot to be desired.  Let's be honest, it sort of sucked and would've have been a complete and utter failure... had they not provided me with this:


Boo!

Ok, so I'm easy, but I just love my Jack O' Lantern head gear!  What can I say?  There's just something perversely fun about running around looking like the Headless Horseman and swinging a huge sword to boot!

Anyhoo.., after getting in some group time with Crowe (and hating it), this weekend saw both Mori and Mojeaux making inroads into two new locations.  Morheim and another place called Brusthonin.




I was able to get out and take a better look around Morheim since my last post and I opened up quite a bit more of the map as a result.  



Mithus, the Elyos Gladiator must have thought I looked like an easy target because he decided to jump me at full health (I later found out he was level 25).  Not the best recipe for success in my opinion, to take on a full health Templar, but maybe he knew something I didn't.  In a blink of an eye he had me down to below half of my hit points!  It took me a few seconds to finally get my wits about me and start to fight back.

It wasn't long after that and I was actually starting to give better than I was getting.  I guess Mithus wasn't up for a long fight and must have decided that he wasn't going to win it anytime soon because he turned tail and ran like a little girl.  He was FAST too.  He must have used some sort of speed scroll on himself or something because he ran away from me at speeds that I hadn't seen before.  I need to get me some of that!


Anyway, the rest of the weekend saw both Mori and Mojeaux grinding out quests in the Brusthonin area.  I liked this area a little bit better than Morheim at 20 because the quests there start at around level 20 as opposed to Morheim's 23'ish.  In any case, Mori is now at 22 and Mojeaux is about 25% short of 21.  Getting closer to the coveted 25

As an aside note, like I mentioned above, I got into my first groups with Crowe my assassin and definitely didn't like the experience.  Maybe I'm to used to standing in front of the mob or something, because I just couldn't seem to get into the whole assassin m.o. thing.  As a result, I think I will shelve Crowe for now, bringing him out on those occasions when I get bored or burned out on the Ranger and the Templar.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment